What Are Binaural Beats?
A Binaural Beat is an illusion created by the brain when you listen to two tones with slightly different frequencies at the same time. Your brain interprets the two tones as a beat of its own. The two tones align with your brain waves to produce a beat with a different new frequency.
To give an example, you must be listening to Binaural Beats with headphones on or good surround sound to produce the effect. i.e. One ear is listening to 432 Hz while the other ear is listening to 444 Hz, your brain interprets the difference by cancelling out, listening to now a 12 Hz wave frequency. (444-432) This is called the Frequency-Following Effect, meaning you can use Binaural Beats to train your mind to reach certain states of consciousness.
When you listen to certain binaural beats, they can increase the strength of certain brain waves. This can increase or hold back different brain functions that control thinking and feeling, allowing you to feel your most authentic true self.
Different Vibrations of Certain Frequencies Link to Examples Below:
- Delta pattern: 0.1–4 Hz linked to deep sleep, healing, recovery and rest.
- Theta pattern: 4–8 Hz improved meditation, creativity, and sleep in the rapid eye movement (REM) phase.
- Alpha pattern: 7–14 Hz relaxation, learning, flow states, stress reduction.
- Beta pattern: 14–30 Hz help promote focused attention, concentration, problem solving, increased energy
- Gamma pattern: 30–100 Hz high level information processing, peak awareness and memory recall
Additional Benefits of Binaural Beats include:
- -Increased Creativity & Cognitive Enhancement
- -Reduced Anxiety & Improved Mood
- -Helping Enter A Meditative State
- -Improved Sleeping Habits
- -Helping Improve Focus, Attention, & Memory Retention
Different Frequencies React and Activate Various States Within the Body. When you become aware of the impact the frequencies play on your health and happiness, you can begin to use Binaural Beats as a tool to keep in balance and alignment.